The iLike Beer Theme Song:

The iLike Beer Theme Song: "Drink Beer." Yes, this is an original song, exhaustingly derived by this author.

Friday, March 11, 2011

Smithwicks and my Trusty Pipe


I will break format here for a different combination which I found quite complimentary.  Smithwicks is a decent red in a bottle, and one of my favorite Beers of all time when fresh on draught.  By fresh I refer to the experience I had several years ago whilst visiting Wexford, Ireland:  I was in a small establishment sipping on the ubiquitous pint of Guinness when a fellow patron recommended this amber draught.  I tried it, and great scott was it fantastic.  Eveytime I crack open a bottle here I am always reminded of a great pint surfing an Irish spring.
That's neither here nor there, what I am getting to is the above combination.  My freeform pipe (an Andrew Michael original) found it's way to my mouth filled with a bowl of Independence by CAO.  This is a great smoke which I never tire of.  Its a nice blend of Virginia tobacco that is slightly smokey yet smooth and sweet.  I feel as if it was made to be paired with this Beer.  Together they create a dark yet mildly sweet flavor that ever so slightly burns the tongue.  Bravo! 

No comments:

Post a Comment